Let’s face it: the holiday season can be stressful. While having friends and family over to your place during this season is enjoyable, it can also cause you to put undue stress and expectations on yourself especially when it comes to preparing a holiday meal. You want everyone to enjoy the meal, but don’t want to drive yourself crazy in the process of preparing it – right?
Relax. We’ve got a quick and easy holiday recipe courtesy of FoodNetwork.com that will not only satisfy everyone’s appetite, but also help you keep your sanity during the holiday season.
Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Roasted Pepper & Black Olive Sauce
As a main course, nothing beats a tenderloin on the holiday table. This recipe, courtesy of Rachel Ray, is a sure-fire/ low-stress winner:
- 2 (2 to 2 1/2 pound) center-cut pieces beef tenderloin — ask the butcher to give you 2 pieces for use in a Chateaubriand recipe
- Extra virgin olive oil, for coating roasts, plus 3 tablespoons for sauce
- Grill seasoning (recommended: Montreal Steak Seasoning for Steak by McCormick)
- 5 whole roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped, well drained and pat dry
- 2 cloves garlic, popped from skin
- Handful flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup good quality pitted black olives, from bulk bins, such as Kalamata, drained well
- Salt and pepper
- Crusty bread, sliced
- Preheat oven as high as it goes, 500 degrees F.
- Liberally coat the meat with extra-virgin olive oil and grill seasoning. Place the meat on a roasting rack or in a roasting pan and place in oven. If you are cooking in a pan with no rack, add a splash of water to the pan. Roast the meat 10 minutes on high then reduce heat to 350 degrees F and cook 30 minutes more. Do not open oven during those first 10 minutes. Remove meat from oven and let rest 10 minutes before serving.
- Place roasted peppers in food processor and add garlic, parsley, olives, salt, and pepper. Turn the processor on and stream in extra-virgin olive oil, about 3 tablespoons.
- Thinly slice the meat against the grain and serve with crusty bread and sauce.
You might also like: Try These DIY Backyard Games
If you’re looking for a recipe for a low-stress experience when buying a new or used vehicle, we invite you to visit Thomasville Toyota. We carry the full-line of new Toyota models including the legendary Camry, rugged Tacoma, and red-hot RAV4 compact crossover. We’re also one of the best sources in the area for your pre-owned vehicle shopping needs.
The holiday season always brings some of our best values of the year to our Thomasville, GA auto dealership. You’ll get a great deal and enjoy our low pressure and stress free buying experience at Thomasville Toyota.