Did you know in 2016 Toyota was named the fifth-largest company in the world by revenue? With that being said, there is a lot to know and learn about the company. The Japanese multinational automotive manufacturer is headquartered in Toyota, Aichi, Japan, and is loved and trusted all over the world. Below are some fun facts to know about the automotive giant.
You’re probably already aware that Toyota makes some amazing vehicles. Whether you’re in the market for a safe and reliable commuter car, a feature-packed SUV, or a powerful pickup, there’s a Toyota out there ready to meet and exceed your needs. If you like to dive deep before you choose a vehicle, you’ll enjoy these interesting facts about the lofty name behind the cars.
- Toyota is 87 years old. The company gained recognition in 1937, but was conceptualized as a car manufacturing division in 1933. It was actually founded under Toyoda Automatic Loom Works Ltd. Established in 1924, Toyota was originally known for the production of sewing machines.
- The Toyota Mirai runs on water. Only 3,000 Toyota Mirais have been delivered worldwide. These vehicles are the world’s first full-production hydrogen fuel cell cars, and they can convert 50 liters of water into hydrogen, enabling the car to drive for up to 300 miles at a time without replenishing!
- Toyota owns multiple automobile brands. With Toyota being as successful as it is, there is no surprise the company’s influence is so far-reaching. Today, Toyota owns several other brands including Lexus, Scion, Daihatsu, Hino Motors, and a percentage of Subaru.
- Toyota Corolla is the best-selling model. More than 40 million Toyota Corollas have been sold as of 2013, making this iconic compact car the best-selling nameplate under the Toyota umbrella.
- Toyota ranks number 3 in best engine production. Out of all the automotive manufacturers there are, Toyota currently holds the distinction of being the third best automaker in engine production, coming in just under BMW and Volkswagen. And they are always striving to get even better.
- Toyota assembly line creates a new car every 5 seconds. Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Kentucky, Inc. is the largest vehicle manufacturing plant in the world. In just one year, the plant can produce up to 550,000 vehicles and more than 600,000 engines.
- Toyota reaches almost 200 countries. Toyota has done business in more than 170 countries, and the company has manufacturing plants in more than 28 countries. Out all the continents in the world, Antarctica is the only continent Toyota has not conquered.
You might also like: Check Out Our 4-Year No-Charge Maintenance Program!
If you are interested in learning more about Toyota and the vehicles they have to offer, give Thomasville Toyota a call or send us a message. Our brand experts would love to help you select your dream vehicle from among our outstanding inventory of all your favorite models!